This is a recording of this morning's segment on Pat Kenny.
The interview section covered most of the HCCI key messaging including:
• Importance of protecting frontline carer services
• The need for an open and transparent commissioning system
• Ability for private sector to maximise efficiencies to deliver more economical service without compromising quality
• Private sector working to bring regulation and standards
• Budget allocated to ensure third party audit, garda-vetting, best practice standards
• All members directly employ carers, pay insurance, train and supervise
• Misconception that higher wages equate to higher quality of service
• Focus instead should be on the recruitment process to ensure proper induction, training, skill set and attitude to ensure quality care
Please Click here to listen...